All of the countries below will require you to have a visa in order to gain entry.
It is important you have an understanding of the country’s various visa types and requirements, as they will vary drastically depending on whether you wish to travel as a temporary or permanent visitor.
- While there is a shortlist of countries whose nationals are subject to a visa waiver agreement with Algeria, all other visitors to Algeria will require an Algerian visa.
More information on applying for an Algerian visa
- Although Brazil has an expansive visa waiver agreement with a number of countries (including the UK), there are still a number of countries whose citizens are required to obtain a Brazil visa before they enter the country.
More information on applying for a Brazil visa
- Regardless of the purpose or length of your trip to China, you will require a Chinese visa to gain entry.
More information on applying for a Chinese visa
- Everyone wishing to enter Cuba is required to apply for a Cuba visa before being allowed entry. Should you wish to enter the country as a tourist, you will be required to apply for a tourist visa-card.
More information on applying for a Cuba visa
- An Egyptian visa is a permit issued by the Egyptian visa authorities to a person for entry, exit or transit through Egypt. Tourist and Business visas are issued according to the applicant’s status, purpose of visit and passport type
More information on applying for an Egypt visa
- As France is part of the Schengen visa scheme, the majority of applicants will require a Schengen visa for short-term trips. However, for more permanent French visas, there will be a different application process
More information on applying for a French visa
- While the member countries of the Economic Community of West African States have a visa waiver system set for their nationals travelling to Ghana, all other visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a Ghana visa.
More information on applying for a Ghana visa
- All nationals travelling to India are required to apply for an India visa in order to enter the country, whether it’s for tourism, business or simply transit.
More information on applying for an India visa
- With the exception of nationals from a short-list of visa exempt countries, all visitors to Indonesia will require an Indonesia visa for their trip, no matter whether it is for the purpose of tourism or business.
More information on applying for an Indonesia visa
- While Kenya does have a visa waiver system, this excludes the majority of EU states, including the UK. However, the UK is the only country whose nationals can apply for multiple-entry Kenyan visas.
More information on applying for a Kenyan visa
- While nationals from some countries are not required to apply for a Mongolia visa to gain entry to Mongolia, all UK nationals are required to lodge a visa application.
More information on applying for a Mongolia visa
- While Indian nationals are exempt from having to make a visa application to gain entry to Nepal, all other visitors to Nepal must be in possession of a Nepal visa. Nepal visas may be granted for reasons of tourism, business, study or transit.
More information on applying for a Nepal visa
- Unless you are a citizen from one of the Economic Community of West African States, you will be required to apply for a Nigerian visa to visit the country temporarily for tourism or business purposes.
More information on applying for a Nigerian visa
- When travelling to Russia in any capacity, you will be required to gain a visa. There are a number of different visa classes, depending on the purpose of your visit.
More information on applying for a Russian visa
Saudi Arabia visa
- The Saudi Arabia visa process is something that many international travellers visiting the country will have to navigate, and there are a variety of visa classes.
More information on applying for a Saudi Arabia visa
- There are a number of European states (who number 15 in total) that participate fully in the Schengen Agreement of 1995. Schengen visa holders are able to move freely between the states on a short-term basis for up to 90 days.
More information on applying for a Schengen visa
- While nationals from a few countries are not required to apply for a Tanzania visa to gain entry to Tanzania, all UK nationals are required to lodge a visa application, as well as the majority of other nationals.
More information on applying for a Tanzania visa
- Most international travellers wishing to gain entry to Thailand need to obtain a Thai visa. However, visitors from a number of visa-exempt countries can travel to Thailand for tourism purposes without having a Thai visa.
More information on applying for a Thai visa
- A Vietnam visa is part of the required migration process for all travellers to the country. Dependent on the purpose of an applicant’s visit, a Tourist or Business visa will be required for entry.
More information on applying for a Vietnam visa